Thread: Starting Out In The Fitness Industry

Post Thanks / Like

Starting Out In The Fitness Industry

Hi, I'm really into going to the gym and I help a lot of my friends with their programs and they have seen some great results from my advice. I'm thinking of turning it into a serious personal training business. I would love to know if anyone on here has any success stories of how fitness companies start-up.
    ho... ho... ho...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few friends who have done it and know it is extremely hard due to the amount of person trainers out there. It might be worth trying to get a job at a gym first as one of their personal trainers so you can learn the ropes and build up a book of clients.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is very hard when i started a year ago. I helped at a boxing gym and various other voluntary coaching roles .There was no money in it! There is more demand now but like most things it is more competitive.
    The customers now look for trainers that have a proven track record and the ones with a successful sporting background get the clients

Post Thanks / Like
    When you say 'personal training business' do you mean you want to do the training, or you want to build a business with staff etc? There are crucial differences between the 2.

As others have said; it' a fairly busy space a common route to entry is to affiliate with a gym (or several gyms) to get some traction; albeit with diluted income.

Beyond that, like any business you really need to identify a key target market and look to promote yourself where they 'hang out' (literally or digitally) with a set of key benefits that will resonate with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty concern about competitors. But i have look around area of Muar town, in 5 km radius there should not be any gym facilities.
    Last edited by popolan; 28-05-21 at 12:50 PM.
    ho... ho... ho...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by louiskee View Post
    When you say 'personal training business' do you mean you want to do the training, or you want to build a business with staff etc? There are crucial differences between the 2.

As others have said; it' a fairly busy space a common route to entry is to affiliate with a gym (or several gyms) to get some traction; albeit with diluted income.

Beyond that, like any business you really need to identify a key target market and look to promote yourself where they 'hang out' (literally or digitally) with a set of key benefits that will resonate with them.
    I was planning to open a gym with coach personal training business as we can usually can find in most facilities. How do i identify my key target market? This is something new to me. Still learning this business thingy.
    ho... ho... ho...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by popolan View Post
    I am pretty concern about competitors. But i have look around area of Muar town, in 5 km radius there should not be any gym facilities.
    A good idea would be to run it along the side of what you are doing at the moment, get a good client base by charging less than your competition and take it from there. Make club members promotions. Free membership for certain times.

8. 28-05-21, 01:03 PM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by popolan View Post
    I was planning to open a gym with coach personal training business as we can usually can find in most facilities. How do i identify my key target market? This is something new to me. Still learning this business thingy.
    Research all sides:-

• Look at your current customer base.
    • Check out your competition.
    • Analyze your product/service.
    • Choose specific demographics to target.

This is only one of some of the most important aspect of business. My story, i had a fair share of mistake when launching my products. Decided to attend a masterclass, found out that i was using an ineffective marketing strategy. If you want to know more about the masterclass this is the link https://roar-point.com/marketing-branding-masterclass/

Post Thanks / Like
    Also a lot of them find business via Facebook so make sure you have a page on there and stay active, and also Instagram - results posts are very popular and will get you noticed. Or make tiktok fitness videos, u will easily get views there.

Post Thanks / Like

Server sponsored by SyokHost.Com

Quote Originally Posted by ipohlai View Post
    Also a lot of them find business via Facebook so make sure you have a page on there and stay active, and also Instagram - results posts are very popular and will get you noticed. Or make tiktok fitness videos, u will easily get views there.
    One of those marketing strategies is never be afraid to give away free services or advices. When it comes to scaling any expert business, you first need to show people you know what you are talking about and if you can help them get some quick wins through some simple tips, tricks and advice, then they are going to keep coming back to you for more service and advice. It is then up to you to show them that they can achieve even better results in less time by actually working with you as a paying client.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.